- remove_red_eye144 views
- comment0 comments
Last week, APMP made important announcements regarding upcoming events, technology, diversity and inclusion, and certification during its APMP ACTION NEWS broadcast, hosted by APMP Chair Krystn Macomber and APMP CEO Rick Harris. If you didn’t have the chance to tune in, here’s a recap of each day.
Broadcast date: Monday, Feb. 8
- APMP is prepared to host three in-person events in 2021, if it is deemed safe to do so. Due to COVID-19, in-person events will have attendance limits, so be sure to register soon.
- BPC Europe will be held July 4-6, 2021, at the Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- BPC Denver will now be held Oct. 10-13, 2021, at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- BPC Asia, APMP’s newest Bid & Proposal Con, will be in September 2021 in New Delhi, India.
- Digital Marketing Conference for Winning Business Professionals will be a brand new online APMP conference, scheduled for May 20.
Broadcast date: Tuesday, Feb. 9
- APMP will be launching a new member benefit: affinity groups.
- Kedren Dillard, of Shipley Associates, is the new affinity resource leader, serving in a new executive committee position on APMP’s board.
- Dillard discussed her professional background with affinity groups and why this member benefit is important for APMP members.
Broadcast date: Wednesday, Feb. 10
- The history and descriptions of the APMP certification programs were discussed, in addition to new lower fees for some levels.
- Updates in maintaining continuing education units (CEUs) were discussed, and an explanation of Approved Training Organizations (ATOs), digital badges and APMP lettered credentials was provided.
- Microcertifications are currently in development for adjacent roles.
Broadcast date: Thursday, Feb. 11
- APMP Vice Chair Steven Coles discussed the importance of using technology to inform and to be informed as practitioners.
- APMP plans to scale up its technology in the coming years to offer its 10,000+ members even more resources.
- APMP will be launching a technology task force, which will bring surveys, focus groups and more to members to help the association improve its technological advancements.
Broadcast date: Friday, Feb. 12
- Friday was all about the giveaways! One BPC Europe registration was awarded to Ingrid van Oers of the Nederland chapter.
- One BPC Denver registration was awarded to Paul Lockwood, CF APMP, of the Greater Midwest chapter.
- One BPC Asia registration was awarded to Nanda Das Kumar of the India chapter.
- One Digital Marketing Conference registration was awarded to Jackie Backus, CP APMP, of the Liberty chapter.
- One lucky winner was the first to submit her “Dancing in the Streets” contest video. Congrats to Tracey Courts, CF APMP, of the NCA chapter on winning a $500 gift card.
Learn more about APMP’s ACTION NEWS broadcast.