- remove_red_eye442 views
- comment0 comments
In only the second year of its crowdsourcing plan to attract new session ideas and speakers, APMP has eclipsed its record for members who want to speak at the industry’s largest education networking conference – Bid & Proposal Con (BPC). APMP’s BPC will be held May 20-23, 2019 in Orlando, FL at the Grand Cypress Hyatt Regency.
This year, 255 session topic ideas were submitted in two different categories:
- Crowdsourcing –The sessions that past attendees suggested as topics of high interest.
- Solicited Sessions – Entries submitted directly from speakers suggesting their own customized topics.
This was a 12 percent increase from APMP’s first-ever crowdsourcing BPC campaign effort in 2018 that saw 227 entries.
Members helped narrow down the field by voting on the crowdsourced topics they most want to see and hear at BPC 2019 in Orlando. Voting closed on Thursday January 31, 2019. Once the votes are tallied and the solicited sessions are reviewed in mid-February, APMP will let the speakers who are chosen to present know of the decision.
Because APMP is committed to giving the BPC attendees the educational experience they most want, priority will be given to the sessions from the crowdsourcing submissions.
To put the success of crowdsourcing efforts in perspective, here are some interesting facts about this year’s BPC session totals:
- There are 255 session suggestions for roughly 50 speaking slots
- Past attendees submitted 147 crowdsourced session ideas
- Past APMP speakers submitted 108 solicited sessions
- If APMP were to present every session submitted, BPC would have to run 10-and-a-half days without stopping
- We have enough sessions right now to fill the next five BPCs
The success of APMP BPC crowdsourcing is better than event organizers could have ever expected. Some of the sessions that are not selected for this year’s BPC will likely be introduced as webinars or other educational programming throughout the year.
For more information or questions about APMP’s Crowdsourcing Campaign for BPC sessions and speakers, please contact Peter Frank, Director of Membership at email@example.com.