Please email email@example.com to apply for this position. Applications will be taken through November 30, 2022.
The APMP Director of Certification is responsible for developing, planning, and implementing programs related to APMP certification and credentialing, CEU/CPD classification and monitoring, and the Body of Knowledge (BoK). This position is responsible for upholding the APMP certification standards that define and advance the bid and proposal profession and the integrity of all APMP certifications.
APMP is a professional association serving 11,600+ members from the bid and proposal management industries globally. The association is 35 years old with members in the USA, Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. APMP is recognized as one of the fastest growing US Associations averaging more than 10 percent membership growth for the last ten years. There is a network of 15+ Approved Training Organizations (ATOs) to train and administer APMP certifications globally.
The successful candidate is expected to manage and liaise with APMP’s certification partners (The APM Group and Shipley Limited) by providing information, briefings, promotion and plans to encourage more APMP members to take APMP certification.
In addition, the successful candidate will work with APMP’s ATOs to develop two or more micro-certifications annually. The successful candidate will also be asked to carry out their duties by working with the APMP staff, its certification partners, chapters, and its members.
The position enforces policies relevant to APMP certification and helps certificants continue to meet the required certification standards (CEUs/CPDs) for their respective level of APMP certification. The position is responsible for overall compliance with certification standards and best practices in certification and credentialing. The position is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of the organization’s signature certifications (Foundation, Practitioner, Capture Practitioner and Professional) and its growing family of micro-certifications (Executive Summaries and Bid and Proposal Writing). The position will develop and launch a minimum of two new micro-certifications a year. In addition, the position directs and leads the team responsible for these programs in accordance with APMP processes, policies and procedures. The Director works with the CEO with respect to APMP certification strategic planning in accordance with APMP’s mission.
Leads strategic planning activities for the department in conjunction with the CEO on all certification, micro-certification and accreditation matters.
- Manage, maintain and improve the existing Certification Program, including Signature Certifications, micro-certifications, BoK and CEU/CPD program.
- Present yearly activity plan and results to the CEO and Board
- Communicate monthly with APMP Approved Training Organizations (ATOs).
- Directs and oversees process and workflow for APMP certification and brings recommendations to the CEO and APMP’s Certification partners, if appropriate. Monitors and evaluates the performance of the APMP certification; gives timely feedback and recommends innovative certification techniques to APMP staff and APMP certification partners.
- Reviews current APMP certification policy and procedures on an ongoing basis. Identifies needs for change, develops recommended modifications, and works with the CEO to attain approval. Implements approved changes.
- Manages work with legal counsel on issues related to certification matters.
- Provides reports for leadership, Board of Directors, and others as requested and authorized.
- Determines if certification standards are met.
- Reviews and maintains accurate records for all certification and credentialing appeals.
- Responsible for providing recommendations to the CEO for APMP certification appeal decision matters and communicating decisions to candidates.
- Acts as the primary resource for APMP staff on all departmental matters.
- Works collaboratively with all APMP Departments to ensure clarity for all communications and online information for our stakeholders.
- Oversee and execute the logistics with APMP staff for Certification Day events.
- Creates and distributes monthly certification reports to key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Location: Remote
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: $85,000 – $90,000 annually
- Preferred Education: 4-Year Degree
APMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.