- remove_red_eye928 views
- comment0 comments
The Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP®) confirmed today that six members would be joining its Board of Directors effective January 1, 2020 and serving through December 31, 2021.
The six new Board members are:
- Jody Alves, of the Nor’easters Chapter and IGT in Providence, Rhode Island, USA
- Felix Becker, CP APMP of the ANZ Chapter and SAP in Sydney, Australia
- Alison Coon, CF APMP of the Liberty Chapter and Guardian Life Insurance Company in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- Patrick Gueth, CF APMP, of the DACH Chapter and DSV Panalpina A/S in Basel, Switzerland
- Blake Inkster, CP APMP, of the Maple Leaf Chapter and Goodmans LLP in Toronto, Canada
- Melissa Smith, CPP APMP of the UK Chapter and Harmonic LTD in London, England
“We can call ourselves a truly global association today,” said Ginny Carson CPP APMP, of Life Cycle Engineering and the Carolinas Chapter of the association. “Four of our six new Board members are from outside the United States, and five of our 15 Board members are global. One of our long-term strategies from our 2019 Strategic Plan is to expand internationally, and we are happy that members throughout the world take the opportunity to lead. This global representation on our board of directors will allow APMP to take an international perspective to all of our activities and decisions,” she said.
In all, 55 nominees submitted their ballot to the APMP Board Nominating Committee last month and were asked to provide an essay describing how they would help APMP International and the industry grow in the coming years. Fifteen finalists were then selected for final voting by the Board of Directors based on the same criteria. The top six candidates have been invited to fill the open spots on the APMP Board starting on January 1, 2020. All have agreed to do so.
The six new members will join nine other Board members, including Mike Walsh, CF APMP, of Ernst & Young, who will serve as APMP Chair in 2020 and will lead APMP Board members.
“APMP’s Strategic Plan is in place, and there is a strong desire for APMP to maximize its global reach in the areas of new membership, best practices, conferences, and certification,” said Mr. Walsh. “We have a clear mandate from our Board, and I look forward to leading APMP’s continued global expansion.”